Looking forward to the enchanting Ballet Under the Stars at the Estrella Lakeside Amphitheater? This magical free event is open to the public Friday, September 29 at the Estrella Lakeside Amphitheater. Estrella Mountain Elementary students will kick off the festivities with charming pre-performances and activities beginning at 5:30 p.m., in front of an anticipated crowd of 5,000 attendees from Goodyear, Buckeye, Surprise, Avondale and across the Valley. Then Ballet Arizona, a nationally recognized ballet company, will take the stage to present awe-inspiring contemporary and classical ballet excerpts, under the stars, on the lakefront.
Prepare to make Estrella’s premier community event an exceptional experience by following these tips:
10 Things to know before you go:
- The Sept. 29 event, which kicks off Ballet Arizona’s 2023-24 season, is free and officially begins at 7 p.m. at the Estrella Lakeside Amphitheater, 10300 Estrella Pkwy, Goodyear. Pre-performances by local children’s dance groups and activities begin at 5:30 p.m.
- For a relaxed and comfortable experience, bring a folding chair or blanket to sit on. You might even want built-in drink holders on your chair! As per city regulations, alcohol in not allowed at city parks, but other refreshing drinks will keep you happy and hydrated.
- Food is welcome! Bring your own picnic or hit the local food trucks. We do recommend bringing basics as food truck items are varied and lines can sometimes be lengthy.
- Yes, restrooms are provided, but they are not fancy. Porta-potties are available, but you’ll be sharing them with a large crowd.
- Rideshare, biking or walking (if you live nearby) is recommended. Ballet Arizona works directly with the city to have parking options available BUT the performances can sometimes bring up to 5,000 people together in the same place at the same time.
- Be an early bird. The earlier you arrive, the better the spot you’ll find on the green. As a bonus, you might even be able to catch the dancers warming up onstage!
- Protect yourself from the elements. Bring hats and sunscreen for the pre-sunset heat, bug spray, and a light jacket for the breezy evening temperature drop.
- Bring lights for after the show. Not during the show, but after the show, you’ll need light sources such as flashlights, lanterns or glow sticks as you gather your belongings to leave.
- Bring your smartphone. Not something you typically hear at performances, but there will be opportunities throughout the night for you to text-to-win everything from FREE TICKETS to upcoming productions this season to promo codes. Don’t miss out!
- View the experience as an adventure. You might not be familiar with ballet, but there is no right or wrong way to experience the performances. Your opinion of the meaning and impact of the work is just as valid as anyone else’s.
There’s a reason this wonderful event is a local favorite and in its 11th year at Estrella in Goodyear. We’ll see you there!
Find your new home at Estrella.com and discover why 8,000 families already call this diverse, welcoming West Valley master-planned community home. Located in Goodyear, Arizona amongst pristine mountains and a dramatic desert landscape, Estrella amenities include multiple Residents’ Clubs, resort-style pools and a waterpark, 72 acres of lakes, 65-plus miles of paths and trails, the Yacht Club of Estrella, the award-winning Nicklaus Design course at the Golf Club of Estrella, community welcome center, and more than 50 neighborhood parks.