Estrella may be on the west side of the Valley, but Goodyear is feeling a lot like the center of it all when it comes to attracting new businesses and restaurants. From shakes to salad, BBQ to craft cocktails, high octane coffee to a quick fill up, Estrella residents have 25 new culinary, convenience and shopping options coming to the neighborhood and just down the hill. Here’s what’s already here or coming soon to Goodyear.
1. It all starts right in our own neighborhood where new dining options are on the way, ready to join our existing lineup of eateries. First up Rio Mirage. This upscale Mexican restaurant is brought to us by the owners of the two Rio Mirage Cafés in El Mirage and Surprise. It will be located just off Estrella Parkway on Elliot Road and is slated to open late next year.
2. Why not enjoy a cocktail while you wait? Sip Wine Bar is scheduled to open next summer in the Estrella Ranch Marketplace at Estrella Parkway and Elliot.
3. Also slated for the same corner, Starbucks, which hopes to open by mid-next year.
4. Just down the hill, one of the hottest spots for new businesses is right off the freeway at Cotton Lane. This area is really fueled up for development, starting with a morning coffee stop at Black Rock Coffee. Not only do they serve up a great cup of joe, they also strive to make a big impact on the communities they serve.
5. Salad and Go just opened on the same corner southwest corner of Yuma and Cotton, offering fresh salads, wraps and even breakfast burritos, all at an affordable price.
6. A much-anticipated QuikTrip is also slated for that intersection. Sixteen autos will be able to fill up the same time at this next generation location. It will also provide a larger variety of fast-casual food options to customers including ice cream cones, pizza, warm pretzels, toasted sandwiches and even full sub sandwiches.
7. On the other side of Cotton Lane, Ono Hawaiian BBQ has announced plans to open. Ono’s is a family-owned fast-casual restaurant known for its authentic Hawaiian plate lunches and other island specialties.
8. 9. and 10. Denny’s also has a new restaurant planned on the same corner, while Chipotle and Tropical Smoothie Café are already open.
11. Next door, Freddy’s Steakburgers and Custard is under construction with plans to open in a few short months.
12. If you are looking for some retail therapy, Five Below is on the way – a color-popping, music pumping, super-fun shopping experience for kids, tweens and teens.
13. Michaels Arts and Crafts is now open if you are feeling crafty.
14. Just to the east, the area around Litchfield Road and Van Buren is also booming. Playmaker Sport Bar & Grill is a new locally-owned restaurant located in the Best Western Hotel on Litchfield Road just south of Van Buren.
15. State 48 Brewery Roadhouse has some big plans for Goodyear just off the freeway at Litchfield. The Project will be an entertainment facility for West Valley Beerfest. Plans call for an open-air festival atmosphere for the public along with an indoor dining experience that will provide pub dining, fine Italian cuisine and a steak house. There will also be a stage for band performances with a large grass play and recreation area.
16. 17. and 18. Raising Cane’s is already open in the area, soon to be joined by Jamaican eatery, Ocho Rios Jerk Spot, and Jamba & McCallister’s Deli. The smoothie joint formerly known as Jamaba Juice has joined forces with the sandwich shop for a tasty culinary combo.
19. Anchored by Goodyear Civic Square near McDowell and Bullard, Goodyear’s downtown district is also hopping with new development. BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse is now open. BJ’s was one of the most desired restaurants from the City of Goodyear’s recent resident retail survey, so this is a big win for the West Valley.
20. Shake Shack just announced it is opening nearby. It’s known for its delicious made-to-order Angus beef burgers, crispy chicken, hand-spun milkshakes, house-made lemonades, beer and wine.
21. We may be in the middle of the desert, but foodies will soon be able to immerse themselves in a coastal ambiance at High Tide Seafood Bar & Grill, offering fresh seafood and nautical decor. High Tide is cherished by seafood lovers, locals and visitors for its inviting atmosphere and flavorful offerings.
22. Now, imagine a swanky new spot where you can sip on craft cocktails and enjoy some gastro-pub fare. It is all yours with Copper & Sage. This new restaurant will open its first-ever location at GSQ off 150th Drive just north of McDowell Road.
23. Nearby you will soon find The Stillery. This will be a place to relax, listen to live music, eat fresh food and enjoy signature mason jar cocktails. The menu will feature brick fired pies, juicy stacked burgers, fresh salads and savory starters.
24. And don’t forget dessert at the nearby Yard Milkshake Bar. You will love the selection of flavors and toppings on their indulgent shakes.
25. You will not want to miss The Potato Barn. The locally owned home furnishing company has a brand new 100,000+-square-foot furniture assembly, warehouse, and retail store near the southwest corner of McDowell Road & Pebble Creek Parkway.
To find out what is new and follow the progress of popular new offerings spots, visit the City of Goodyear site at: https://www.developgoodyearaz.com/get-connected/development-map?fbclid=IwAR21vm4WIXAhYAuu96yLVw6MOCOLo1dJqc18PsrtxWxPU5iL6QgiSzmUHG4
Or just head down the hill and have a look around…just be sure to bring your appetite.
Find your new home at Estrella.com and discover why 8,000 families already call this diverse, welcoming West Valley master-planned community home. Located in Goodyear, Arizona amongst pristine mountains and a dramatic desert landscape, Estrella amenities include multiple Residents’ Clubs, resort-style pools and a waterpark, 72 acres of lakes, 65-plus miles of paths and trails, the Yacht Club of Estrella, the award-winning Nicklaus Design course at the Golf Club of Estrella, community welcome center, and more than 50 neighborhood parks.