Approximately 40% of American workers are now working remotely, up from a historical average of about 5%, and working from home is driving demand for a new amenity, the dedicated home office. While the dining room table or a cramped desk in the spare bedroom may have worked fine for the occasional “at home” day in the past, more and more employees are finding a true workspace is necessary now that they are working from home full-time.
Estrella, in Goodyear, is on top of these changing homeowner needs. In addition to providing the area’s premium jobs, top-tier schools and the serenity found nestled amidst the Sierra Estrella Mountains, Estrella offers a wide variety of new homes from seven builders, with 19 model homes to tour. Amongst these premium builders, there are 40 distinct floor plans currently offered at Estrella, many of which provide homeowners the work-life balance they crave in the ever-changing professional landscape.
Toll Brothers has noted the home-office trend and created work-friendly designs within its Beacon in Estrella neighborhood to accommodate homeowners. One of their key pieces of advice is to take stock of the floor plan and evaluate where your ideal home office can be set up. Consider where the family will congregate, as you’ll want your workspace to be in a separate area. In the Peletier model at Estrella, for example, the office is right off the front foyer, separate from the garage entrance and away from activities in the kitchen and living areas. In the Kenley model the upstairs loft functions well as a traditional office or a workspace with plenty of room to work on larger projects.
William Ryan Homes has also placed a focus on the home office with a sense of privacy. In both William Ryan’s Lyra and Orion models at Harmony in Estrella, the office is down the hall from the main living area. The Orion model even takes it a step further, adding a separate office entrance from the front courtyard.
At Terrata Homes at Estrella, the Bartlett model features a home office tucked away from both the other bedrooms and the main living area, showing there are many options to choose from when it comes to finding your perfect workspace.
Taylor Morrison offers a “pocket office” in the Marcato model at in the CantaMia neighborhood. With barn doors you can create a sense of privacy when needed, without breaking up the home’s open-concept floorplan.
For those who do not need a dedicated office space, a creative workspace nook may be just right. With our spacious bedrooms, living rooms and dining areas, it’s easy to create an elegant and useful nook. For office nooks in shared spaces, owners incorporate room dividers, shelving, topiary walls or rows of plants to help create separation. Not only does it help people get into “work mode”, but it’s also a sophisticated solution that can enhance a space.
When it comes to making your office fully functional, Toll Brothers has some other suggestions as well.
- Light and airy surfaces such as glass or chrome along with open table legs can visually expand a room.
- Since you may not need to store or keep as much as you needed in a traditional office, open shelving, attractive containers and multiple computer screens set a professional tone and allow you to function effortlessly.
- Pay attention to lighting. Optimal lighting not only reduces eye strain while you’re working, reading, and writing, but it’s also a proven mood-booster. The best home office design should include ambiance, task lighting, and where possible, natural sunlight. Install sufficient recessed lights in the ceiling, on adjustable dimmer switches, so you can control the intensity.
- Chandeliers, decorative sconces, and standing lamps add interest and texture, while bright desktop lights allow you to focus on the work in front of you.
- Finally make the office your own. As for colors, Feng shui experts say purple is a color that exudes affluence and sophistication, while a pop of red or gold injects energy and excitement into the room. Grey and brown are associated with clarity and stability, while orange symbolizes optimism. Blue tones represent calm.
- To further personalize your space Toll Brothers says you can add original artwork on the walls, a plush sofa or set of comfortable reading chairs. They all contribute to a positive workspace that encourages creative and critical thinking.
And when you need a break, Estrella makes it easy to find the right work-life balance. With over 50 miles of trails, more than 40 parks, two fitness centers and so much more, you are never more than a few minutes from a yoga class, a quick work out, a few laps in the pool or coffee with friends!
Right now, many of Estrella’s builders are offering exciting incentives – an enticing opportunity for homeowners to upgrade their “work from home” experience AND save money with incentives on closing costs or credit for design center choices when they choose Estrella in Goodyear.
Find your new home at Estrella.com and discover why more than 7,300 families already call this diverse, welcoming West Valley master-planned community home. Located in Goodyear, Arizona amongst pristine mountains and a dramatic desert landscape, Estrella offers new homes from seven builders, with 19 model homes to tour, and 40 distinct floor plans. Estrella amenities include multiple Residents’ Clubs, resort-style pools, and a waterpark, 72 acres of lakes, 50-plus miles of paths and trails, the Yacht Club of Estrella, the award-winning Nicklaus Design course at the Golf Club of Estrella, community welcome center Casa Lucero, and more than 40 signature and neighborhood parks.