Looking forward to the enchanting Ballet Under the Stars at the Estrella Lakeside Amphitheater? This magical free event begins at 7 p.m. on September 11. Charming local children’s dance pre-performances and activities begin at 5:30 p.m., with an anticipated 5,000 people from Goodyear, Buckeye, Surprise and Avondale expected to gather at Estrella’s premier community event. Ballet Arizona, a nationally recognized ballet company, will present awe-inspiring contemporary and classical ballet excerpts “under the stars.” Be sure to go prepared to make it an exceptional experience for everyone.
Things to know before you go:
- The Sept. 11 event from Ballet Arizona is free and officially begins at 7 p.m. at the Estrella Lakeside Amphitheater, 10300 Estrella Pkwy, Goodyear. Warmups and activities begin at 5:30 p.m.
- For a relaxed and comfortable experience, bring a folding chair or blanket to sit on. You might even want built-in drink holders on your chair! As per city regulations, alcohol in not allowed at city parks, but other refreshing drinks will keep you happy and hydrated.
- Food is welcome! Bring your own picnic or hit the local food trucks. We do recommend bringing basics as food truck items are varied.
- Yes, restrooms are provided, but they are not fancy. Porta-potties are available, but you’ll be sharing them with a large crowd.
- Rideshare or walking (if you live nearby) is recommended. Ballet Arizona works directly with the city to have parking options available BUT the performances can sometimes bring up to 5,000 people together in the same place at the same time.
- Be an early bird. The earlier you arrive, the better the spot you’ll find on the green. As a bonus, you might even be able to catch the dancers warming up onstage!
- Protect yourself from the elements. Bring hats and sunscreen for the pre-sunset heat, bug spray for the creepy crawlies, and a light jacket for the breezy evening temperature drop.
- Bring lights for after the show. Not during the show, but after the show, you’ll need light sources such as flashlights, lanterns or glow sticks as you gather your belongings to leave.
- Bring your smartphone. Not something you typically hear at performances, but there will be opportunities throughout the night for you to text-to-win everything from FREE TICKETS to upcoming productions this season to promo codes. Don’t miss out!
- View the experience as an adventure. You might not be familiar with ballet, but there is no right or wrong way to experience the performances. Your opinion of the meaning and impact of the work is just as valid as anyone else’s.
There’s a reason this wonderful event is a local favorite and in its 10th year at Estrella in Goodyear. We’ll see you there!
Find your new home at Estrella.com and discover why more than 7,400 families already call this diverse, welcoming West Valley master-planned community home. Located in Goodyear, Arizona amongst pristine mountains and a dramatic desert landscape, Estrella offers new homes from seven builders, with 19 model homes to tour, and 40 distinct floor plans. Estrella amenities include multiple Residents’ Clubs, resort-style pools, and a waterpark, 72 acres of lakes, 50-plus miles of paths and trails, the Yacht Club of Estrella, the award-winning Nicklaus Design course at the Golf Club of Estrella, community welcome center Casa Lucero, and more than 40 signature and neighborhood parks.