The Goodyear Lakeside Music Festival on April 9, 2022, is just around the corner. The beloved signature event – held at the beautiful Estrella Lakeside Amphitheater at North Lake in Estrella – is free and perfect for all ages.
Hosted by the city of Goodyear and the community of Estrella, the family-friendly event will feature exceptional Arizona bands from an array of musical genres. Additionally, this year a fireworks show is planned to end the festival in style. The impressive display will shoot off over the lake to close the evening. Whether a festival newbie, or seasoned event attendee, here’s a few tips to consider before you arrive.
7 Things To Know Before You Go:
- On-Site Food: A wide variety of food trucks are available for event attendees. The lineup includes:
- Copper State Pizza, a family-owned business with handmade wood-fired pizzas and desserts
- Cuties Lemonade, delightful assortment of lemonade cocktails
- Flippin Rice, delicious Asian dishes that include gluten free and vegan options
- Gibson Smokehouse, award-winning BBQ
- Kabobski, fruit and chocolate on a stick!
- Kona Ice, fantastic assortment of premium shaved ice
- Piancenza AZ, fresh Italian to go
- SuperFarm SuperTruck, tacos and more made from as many ingredients as possible from local farms
- We B Poppin, assorted kettle corn
- Cheese E. Wagon Philly and chicken cheesesteaks, angus burgers and shrimp specialties
- B.J.’s New Mexican Eats authentic red and green chile served in an authentic NM style
- Seating: Lawn seating is first come, first serve. Bring a blanket or lawn chair but no alcohol, umbrellas, or pets, except for service animals.
- Parking: Primary parking is located at the Estrella Yacht Club (10300 S. Estrella Parkway). Please be sure to check for additional parking and event details on the event page.
- Adult Beverages: The festival will have a beer and wine tent with a number of drink options, but must be enjoyed inside the tent—don’t worry, there’s a great view of the stage.
- Games: Don’t miss the new Giant Games Gauntlet at the festival. This fun games’ section will bring out your competitive side with giant lawn games including Jenga, chess, checkers, Connect Four as well as ping pong and cornhole. Additionally, free activities organized by Kat’s Artist Tree will be a fun stop for families.
- Festival Art: Enjoy shopping? Artist Quinn Murphy’s limited edition Music Fest posters and t-shirts will be available at the fest.
- FREE: Best of all, the festival is free for all attendees.
The Goodyear Lakeside Music Festival promises something for everyone! The evening line-up is:
OPENING ACT (4:30-5:15 p.m.) – Marble Heart (Country Jams): Recognized as Arizona’s premiere country variety band, Marble Heart was founded in 2007 by vocalist/guitarist Clint Williams. They play to audiences across the southwest bringing their tremendous energy and proven ability to entertain audiences of all ages.
EVENING KICKSTARTER (5:30-6:15 p.m.) – Swainn (Rock, Funk and Folk with a Celtic Kick): The Phoenix quartet bottles uplifting and spirited messages within sun-burnt Celtic rock sealed by punk energy and desert heat. This approach quietly transformed the group from a local Arizona favorite at countless watering holes to a national Irish festival standout.
SUNSET SUPERSTAR (6:30-7:15 p.m.) – The Sugar Thieves (American Roots Music): The Sugar Thieves have been winning fans with their high energy, soulful live shows since 2006. Moving freely between blues, country, folk, gospel, rock and roll, and elements of jazz, they have honed their unique brand of American roots music to create a sound that is all their own.
NIGHTFALL BEATS (7:30-8:15 p.m.) – The Phoenix Afrobeat Orchestra (A 16-strong afrobeat band featuring Camille Sledge): Led by funky heiress, Camille Sledge, the 16-strong orchestra is comprised of the most ambitious and outrageous musicians in Phoenix today. PAO boasts an abundance of original material that melds the eclectic heritage of the ensemble with that classic Afrobeat style. The outcome is a truly powerful sound that pays homage to the masters while maintaining a fierce individuality.
HEADLINER (8:30p – 9:30 p.m.) – Wade Kota Band (Singer-Songwriter and American Idol Finalist): Wade Kota is a singer/songwriter from Phoenix, AZ whose soulful voice earned him a top finalist spot on American Idol in 2019. His sound could best be described as a gritty mix of Indie rock and future base. His soulfulness and passion for his craft is inspired by monody and anything with a heartfelt message.
See you all at the FREE Goodyear Lakeside Music Festival on April 9, 2022!
Find your new home at Estrella.com and discover why 7,000 families already call this diverse, welcoming West Valley master-planned community home. Located in Goodyear, Arizona amongst pristine mountains and a dramatic desert landscape, Estrella offers new homes from seven builders, with 17 model homes to tour, and 39 distinct floor plans. Estrella amenities include multiple Residents’ Clubs, resort-style pools and a waterpark, 72 acres of lakes, 50-plus miles of paths and trails, the Yacht Club of Estrella, the award-winning Nicklaus Design course at the Golf Club of Estrella, community welcome center Casa Lucero, and more than 40 signature andneighborhood parks.