The West Valley is known for its high-caliber entertainment venues, and every March and November, Phoenix Raceway becomes one of the most popular. A quick 13-minute drive from Estrella, this premier NASCAR racing track hosts some of the biggest events in motorsports. Thousands of racing fans from Arizona and across the country flock to Avondale for the excitement.
Phoenix Raceway is one of NASCAR’s short tracks at just a mile in length. The unique design of the track, with a “dogleg” built into the backstretch, was made to accommodate for the mountainous terrain surrounding the area. Fans can watch the race from the iconic “Monument Hill” at turns 1 and 2.
While Estrella residents are just a short drive from the racetrack, we’re still sheltered from the noise of the cars and fans by our beautiful Estrella Mountains. Check out some of our favorite local opportunities to experience the thrill of NASCAR below:
Phoenix Raceway’s Main Events:
- ARCA Menards Series race: General Tire 150 – March 11
The 2022 NASCAR season kicks off at 5:30 p.m. on March 11 with the ARCA Menards series at Arizona’s Phoenix Raceway. Junior grandstand tickets for race fans 17 and younger start at $10 with adults at $25.
- NASCAR Xfinity Series: United Rentals 200 – March 12
NASCAR’s Xfininty series has proven to be a favorite amongst fans and a breeding ground for future stars. Their annual spring race at Phoenix is also nearly 100 laps shorter than the Cup series race. Tickets range from $25-55 and there are plenty of fan packages and race day upgrades to choose from.
- NASCAR Cup Series: Ruoff Mortgage 500 – March 13
This will be the 18th consecutive year in which NASCAR’s main circuit comes to the Valley for a spring race. You’ll get to watch some of the biggest names like Denny Hamlin, Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick go head-to-head for a chance at an early-season victory. Tickets range from $42-140 while the track also offers several camping, infield, and travel packages.
- NASCAR Lucas Oil 150 – November 4
The third-tier circuit of NASCAR comes to Phoenix every year to show fans the excitement of racing modified pickup trucks. Tickets range from $30-55 and there are many packages to choose from
- NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship – November 5
As one of three races in NASCAR’s Championship Weekend, the Xfinity Championship is a must-see event year after year. NASCAR’s budding stars make their claim to fame in this final, 200 lap showdown. Tickets range from $35-65
- NASCAR Cup Series Championship – November 6
The season finale of the NASCAR season was moved to Phoenix in 2020, which makes for an exciting championship weekend for racing fans in the desert. Grandstand tickets are already available for this year, ranging from $72-180. This is an event you won’t want to miss!
- Buying tickets
- You can buy tickets in-person at the Phoenix Raceway Ticket Office (open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. MST, closed holidays) located at 125 S. Avondale Blvd., Suite 200, Avondale, AZ 85323. To purchase tickets over the phone, call the Phoenix Raceway Ticket Office at 866.408.RACE (7223). You can also buy them online at https://www.phoenixraceway.com/tickets-central/
- Hillside seating
- If you choose general admission tickets on the hillside, you’ll want to bring a tent, chair, or blanket, since there are no actual seats on the hill. Full-size coolers are allowed but cannot contain glass or alcoholic beverages. There is food and portable bathrooms near the hillside.
- Directions and parking
- Phoenix Raceway is located at 7602 Jimmie Johnson Dr. in Avondale, AZ. From Estrella, it’s a 7.3-mile drive via Estrella Parkway and Indian Springs Rd.
- Parking at the track is free for fans attending a race but there are also premium parking selections available online.
- Ticket policies
- Phoenix Raceway is one of 12 tracks under NASCAR’s Weather Protection Program, which offers fans the opportunity to exchange their unused grandstand tickets from a postponed race for any race of the same type at any NASCAR property within the next year.
- Cash refunds are not available with a postponed race, and any race that is shortened or delayed does not fall under the Weather Protection Program.
Find your new home at Estrella.com and discover why 7,000 families already call this diverse, welcoming West Valley master-planned community home. Located in Goodyear, Arizona amongst pristine mountains and a dramatic desert landscape, Estrella offers new homes from seven builders, with 17 model homes to tour, and 39 distinct floor plans. Estrella amenities include multiple Residents’ Clubs, resort-style pools and a waterpark, 72 acres of lakes, 50-plus miles of paths and trails, the Yacht Club of Estrella, the award-winning Nicklaus Design course at the Golf Club of Estrella, community welcome center Casa Lucero, and more than 40 signature andneighborhood parks.